Friday, October 17, 2008

They are here!


Dear Diary, 
      It has taken me a day before I had the strength to write to you. Thursday I knew I the puppies were near. I kept looking in my whelping box and in the wicker basket for some sign. Thank goodness they got it together for me...only just in time. 
      That evening I felt like I had to go outside to the bathroom over and over again. I noticed the mums brought out a towel after the second time and they were right, a puppy could have come right into the cold dark garden. 
    But it worked out beautifully my dear little chocolate boys came at 3 am one after the other and then I had 3 more sons. It was wonderful and they were all so strong. Things did slow down a little and it took until 12.30 the next day before my last little one saw the light of day. He was a big boy too. Three little girls and seven sons, a good night I would say.
   I have put a photo of me with several of them. And now I shall have some much needed rest.
Suzie

No comments: